"The goal of Environment, Health and Safety is to fulfill its mission of promoting a safe research and patient care environment without limiting academic freedom."
In achieving these goals the primary focus of Environment, Health and Safety is on:
- Training of UCSF employees.
- Development and implementation of proper health and safety procedures.
- Environmental and personnel monitoring to verify effectiveness of its programs.
- Maintaining regulatory / administratively required records.
- Development and maintenance of an effective emergency response program